Let your little architect design and build for hours with the Imaginarium Jumbo Foam Building Blocks, a Toys'R'Us exclusive. This 100-piece set features multi-colored blocks in all shapes and sizes; the chunky, easy-to-grip, textured foam pieces make creating tall towers and cool houses a snap, while the zippered carry bag offers simple storage.
The Imaginarium 100-Piece Foam Building Blocks features:
- Includes a 100-piece block set
- Build an entire city with this set
- Multi-colored blocks come in tons of shapes and sizes
- Chunky, textured foam pieces are easy to grip
- Zippered carry bag provides great storage
Extend your child's engineering, problem-solving and math skills with these engaging STEM Learning Tips.
1. Engineering involves designing and creating products/structures that solve problems and meet constraints of materials, time, and budget. Challenge your child to build:
a. a bridge that a toy car can travel on from one location in the room to another
b. a structure he/she can crawl through
c. a house that is 6 blocks tall, has 4 walls, an opening to get a small toy inside, and 2 triangles on top
d. a short, medium-sized, and tall tower in 2 minutes.
2. Identifying shapes is a math concept that children learn in their early years. Help your child recognize, name, and sort the shapes of the blocks. Then, go around the house to find objects that are the same shapes.
Research has shown that a STEM education gives children the edge in becoming economic and technological leaders of the global marketplace.